Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hit and run book review

I really enjoyed this book is because it was full of twists. Once I thought I knew what was going to happen, it would hit me with something totally unexpected. This type of writing that the author uses kept me thinking. This book leaves me worried, as if what was happening in the book had happened to me. Cassie, Scott, Eddie, and Winks are the four main characters. They are all around my age and it seems like I was going through what they were going through. I guess this book can do that to people. Their situations are unreal, and this stuff happens in the real world. 

First is the theme, Hit and Run gives the readers a main message. It shows what can happen in bad encounters. It helps readers avoid these types of situations. Bad situations have huge consequences, as the book said, “Having the feeling of terror after they had realized what had just taken place"

Next is the characters. Throughout the rest of the book all of the guilt each of the characters had felt was unbelievable. I would have the reaction like Eddie had. He was scared out of his mind! He was the one driving that gray night under the Hanson Underpass. He wasn’t expecting a man, wearing a blue and red baseball cap, to be standing in the middle of the road. They were only having fun, out on a little “joy ride.” This idea they had, of driving under age, was unexpected. I personally like Eddie as a character, he seems like a pretty good kid, makes good grades and all but just made the wrong choice. 

Lastly is the author's choice of style. It almost seems adventurous and creative, because it almost seemed as if the whole plot was like a dream/fantasy after the climax of the book (the accident). Mostly because it had now only foccused on eddie, the main character, and the mysterious man.

I think this book was written is to give young adults a realization of what can happen when they drive under age. I would recommend this book for people who are looking for an old-school thriller. I kind of liked this book because of that. I also really enjoyed this book because of its twists and it gave me a heads up on what can happen if I ever came upon this type of situation. People never really know what can happen.







No comments:

Post a Comment